Tips and Tricks From Pop Himself!
||Use AV Spray Lube for all moving door parts.
||Use Low Tempearture Grease for all Screw Drive, Rolling Track Garage Door Openers.
Lubricate rollers and hinges with AV Spray Lube. Do not use petrol base lubricants because, aside from lubricating, it has the property of "degreasing". Use the AV Spray Lubricant especially in their curved sections. Springs require basically the same treatment. Just wipe off excess with a cloth. Use a Low Temperature Grease to lubricate the screw drive type garage door openers. This simple trick will help prolong their useful life.
Your garage door is the largest moving door in your house and its correct operation is very important for your safety and that of your family.
Here is how to ensure that your garage door is the safest possible.
- Do regular maintenance of your garage door. This includes lubrication and visual inspection. Check and lube all moving parts and notice any signs of wear. If something looks loose or worn out, such as wobbley rollers, replace them.
- If you have an extension spring system consider changing to a torsion spring system.Torsion springs are safer and tend to last longer. When you go to the "Spring" section it will explain things about your springs, such as left and right wound. If you have further questions call the shop.
- You can do the garage door installation yourself, if you have the ability and the proper tools to do it, and especially if you read the manual of instructions attentively. However we strongly recommend that you work with an expert installer.
- If you want to try to adjust or replace the springs yourself, they are under high tension. Please use caution! In general, if something on your door is marked with
Red, use caution.
- Check the correct operation of your garage door opener regularly.
- Keep the remote controls out of children’s reach.
- Choose the "Security+" operator with rolling codes, (i.e. It's secret code changes each time you use the operator) you will lower the risk of theft.
- Ask for the assistance of a certified installer for the annual maintenance of your garage door.
Throghout the website you will see helpful hints as to things you can do to keep your Garage Door working without challenges. So take a minute and look around, let us know what you think. If you see things that might need attention or suggestions, let us know, thanks:)
We want to hear from you. If you have any other questions, contact us at (661) 947 5286.